Activities to do near the Castle
The surrounding area
Château Le Fresne is located in Bouchemaine, one of the most popular cities around Angers. This small, peaceful village on the banks of the Maine River is less than 15 minutes by car from the centre of Angers. You can stay in a unique place near to the nature but also near the city.
This year, Angers was elected 1st city of France where it’s good to live and you will quickly understand why by walking around and exploring its different facets.
Don’t miss one of the three panoramic views of Maine-et-Loire which is located at the tip of Bouchemaine, where the Maine and Loire rivers join a few meters from our castle.
Different activities are waiting for you in our beautiful region: fishing, cycling, hiking, cultural visits, oenology…
The city of Angers is renowned for its many activities as well as for its heritage.
Here are our suggestions of places or visits not to be missed:
- Visits of the cellars and tasting. Elected as the 3rd wine-producing region, the Pays de la Loire proposes various cellars such as Bouvet Ladubay, Ackerman, the Closel domain… All this between Saumur and Angers.
- Visit the Cointreau or Giffard distilleries for liqueur lovers.
Château le Fresne proposes you its outdoor jacuzzi near the swimming pool. You can enjoy a relaxing moment surrounded by the trees of the park and the song of the birds.
By reservation of time slots (Outside persons: €20 for 45 minutes / Free for persons staying on site)
WALKING AND HIKING
You can explore the nature and the banks of the Loire by walking around the castle. You can walk from the castle to Angers and stop at the Lac de Maine where you can swim and find some activities.
Walk around our 5 hectare park and meet our animals in the henhouse (chickens, geese, rabbits, turkey pigs…) and discover our orchard.
- Canoeing and kayaking with the Bouchemaine Nautical Club located just a stone’s throw from Château le Fresne.
- Rent electric bikes with Loire Attitude to enjoy a ride along the Loire and Maine rivers.
The castle of Angers. Located in the heart of the city, this medieval fortress offers a 360° view of the whole city. You can also see the tapestry of the Apocalypse which is the largest collection of medieval tapestries in the world.
- The Cadre Noir in Saumur will delight young and older people as well as lovers of horse riding. A show not to be missed.
- The Musée des Beaux-Arts in Angers where you can discover sculptures, paintings and works of art.
- Balloon flights. Discover the Maine, the Loire and the surrounding area from the air. Sensations guaranteed!
- Tour in a Toue. Come aboard this typical boat of the Loire and discover the fauna, the flora and the small villages along the river.
- Boat trip Loire Odyssée. Between Angers and Saumur, on the way to the Loire by bike, Loire Odyssée opens your eyes to the most beautiful river in France! A fun and interactive tour on the Loire, themed cruises nature outings await you for your greatest pleasure: discover the river, its fauna, flora, its moods…
If you need information or help with bookings, don’t hesitate to contact us. We will be happy to help you with the process.
PARKS AROUND CHÂTEAU LE FRESNE
Château le Fresne
2 rue des frères Gasnier